Software Engineer - Akamai Technologies
(7/02 - Present)
- Software development (Perl, PHP)
- Analysis of extensive Internet data from company's vast global
- Developement of several visualizations of the above data
- Linux / FreeBSD systems administration
Linux Administrator / Software Engineer / High Level Support - Aspre
(11/00 - 10/01)
- Supported full range of problems on approximately 1,500 customer
- Built Perl/CGI network monitoring scripts against HP OpenView's SQL
back-end under Solaris.
- PHP/MySQL development.
- Created multi-user task manager.
- Assisted in development of a software bug tracker.
- Migrated / customized customers' Perl scripts.
- Maintained internal and customer secondary DNS (Linux / Bind).
Network Services Consultant - The IQ Group (11/99 - 10/00)
- Administered Red Hat Linux servers: DNS (Bind), Mail (Sendmail), PPP,
- Solaris / Linux / Windows (2000/NT/98/95) / Networking consulting,
- Assisting in administration of several production Sun/Solaris
servers, including installation of business critical proprietary
- Wrote Perl, HTML, and CGI to generate statistics and monitor
- Set up a pair of dual dial-up modem load balancing routing Linux
- Created and maintained Cisco router access list / firewall.
- Set up and maintained a Sun SPARC / Solaris (2.7) server.
- Host of the Philadelphia area
Linux User Group.
- Assisted with administration of an AIX 4.3.3 box.
- Windows NT / network administration.
Network Services Support / Admin - Health Partners
(12/98 - 11/99)
- Windows NT administration and support for approximately 350 users in
a Windows95/98 client, Windows NT Server environment.
- Participated in the relocation of all workstations and servers to new
- Networking (100baseT NICs/hubs/switches, switched gigabit fiber
- Tested and trouble-shot applications hosted on Linux servers.
Networking & Microsystems Support / Network Administrator - Volt
Information Sciences (5/98 - 12/98)
- Windows NT administration and support for approximately 300 users in
a Windows95 / OS/2 client, Windows NT Server environment.
- Dealt with a full range of PC related issues in Production,
Development, and Executive environments.
- Assisted in WAN migration from point-to-point IBM mainframe to (Bay
Networks) TCP/IP routed frame relay.
- Trouble-shot emergency shutdown of Sun/Solaris (UNIX) based telecom
- Continued maintenance of PC Inventory and Request System
- Worked on switch segmented token ring + 10baseT network.
Networking & Microsystems Clerk Responsible for PC Inventory - Volt
Information Sciences (12/97 - 5/98)
- Maintained the company's PC Inventory Database in MS Access.
- Maintained PC Stock.
- Interfaced with the Director of Purchasing for the East Coast,
located in New York City, on a daily basis.
- Interacted with vendors regularly.
- Worked with executives regularly.
- Assisted the department manager in maintaining the Request System
Database in MS Access.
- Assisted with projects involving Greece, Argentina, Canada, and
interacted with branches across the U.S. on a regular basis.
- Manned PC Help Line.
- Provided PC Technical support.
- Involved in solving a number of problems that fell outside the areas
of expertise of my coworkers.
Accounts Payable Clerk - Central
(10/97 - 12/97)
- Data entry.
- Processed billing paperwork.
Free-lance (9/96 - 9/97)
- Studied and developed Linux knowledge and skills, as ongoing
Computer Sales - PC Warehouse
(7/96 - 8/96)
- Maintained detailed knowledge of current software/hardware
requirements and abilities.
- Designed computer systems through detailed discussions with
- Advised customers on hardware selection, as well as concurrent system
- Provided preliminary technical support and troubleshooting for
Computer User Support - Montgomery County
(9/95 - 6/96)
Montgomery County Community College
- Assisted users with many software packages in a Windows / Novell
environment (word processor, spreadsheet, art, Internet/web software,
- Assisted students in creating and debugging C, Visual Basic, and
- Maintained printers and other network support hardware.
- Served as the first line toward solving network problems and as the
communications link with senior technicians.
semesters 9/95 - 6/96).
Worked on student team that helped create UNIX courses.
Computer Science Courses: